Friday, April 20, 2018

Inching Closer to 3000

Like most Cardinals fans, I was pretty pissed off when Albert Pujols decided to sign with the Angels after winning his second World Series with the Cardinals in 2011.  I have no problem with him wanting to leave for more money, just don't say the man upstairs told him to do it.  I admit it was nice to see Pujols struggle for a few years after he left, but time has soften my feelings and it is nice to see him getting close to another milestone.  He sits just 10 hits away from 3,000.  It is hard to believe he is playing in his 17th season.  I received a trade package from TCDB member SeaKing with a card that was a nice reminder of his rookie year.


This 2016 Topps Update Rookie Sensations insert highlights Albert's rookie year.  I will not go into detail, just say it was an awesome year.  I love the logo in the background of this card.  Well done Topps.

I also received my first 3 cards from 2014 Heritage High Numbers.  I still need the Wong and Neshek card to finish the set off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment