Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Just Started, But Already Finished

In Monday's post I showed my first 1993 Topps Traded card.  I am not sure why I overlooked this set, but it did not take long to finish the team set.  Yesterday I received the last 3 cards I needed in a trade package from TCDB member 860502.

Arocha was one the first Cuban defectors to play in the Majors, making his debut in 1993.  He won 11 games that year and had an ERA under 4.  After that season he suffered some injuries and bounced around a few years before retiring in 1998. 

I love the early Bowman's Best cards.  The back of this one noted how Thomas and Young were both big, burly, and powerful.  The first 2 are true, but Young was not the most powerful first baseman for his size. 

Finishing the package was this 2018 Topps Gold Wainwright.  It was great seeing him get a win last night against the Cubs.  He did not have his best control, but made some great pitches when he needed to.  I think the cold weather had something to do with the lack of control, as he walked 4 and Tyler Chatwood walked 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment