Friday, April 13, 2018

My First Opening Day

Like every baseball fan, I have a few things on my bucket list when it comes to my favorite team.  I would like to attend a playoff game.  I would say it should be a World Series game, but they way the Cardinals have played the last few years that may not happen anytime soon.  The cost would most likely be more than I would want to pay also.  At this point I would settle for a wild card game.  I would also like to attend an Opening Day game in St. Louis.  Once again cost plays a factor, but more has to do with work and weather.  Until I decide to bite the bullet, I will have to settle for my first taste of 2018 Topps Opening Day cards.

These cards came courtesy of a trade with TCDB member Tgrs_4_me.  It is nice to get a sneek peak of cards that are not in Series 1 like the Matt Carpenter card.

All 3 of these guys hit home runs last night in the 13-4 win over the Reds.  It was great to see the Cardinals finally score some runs, but it could have been a ton more.  Ozuna alone left 11 runners on base.  I would not be surprised to see them score less than 13 in the next 3 games.

The lone insert in the package was this 2016 Heritage Rookie Performers.  Diaz has been getting the bulk of the playing time at short for the Blue Jays since Tulo is hurt, but he is not making the most of it.  As of yesterday he has 3 home runs, but with no walks and a .212 average.  Hard to believe he made the All Star team in 2016. 
 

1 comment: