Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Big Mailday

I have found myself with plenty of spare time the last couple of weeks.  Both of my children do not have any sports going on until school starts later in August, so my nights are spent watching/listening to baseball games and working on trades.   Almost every night last week after dark I could be found in my office listening to a Cardinals minor league game while searching for cards to trade.  My efforts led to 6 trade envelopes arriving yesterday.  Today I will show off 3 small ones.


This single card arrived in a pwe from TCDB member Kep75, who also writes the Diamond Jesters blog.  It seem weird that a budget minded collector like myself would spend 50 cents to trade for a card that I would not pay a quarter for at a show, but I see it as helping another collector.  Plus it is always fun to receive mail.  My son and I spend 45 minutes opening and sorting all the package last night.

Speaking of my son, he scored a new Altuve that came in from TCDB member irish77.  This pwe contained 7 cards, the 3 above and 4 more for in person autographing.  I guess the 2019 Busch Stadium card will also be used for that purpose.  The stadium cards work great for minor league players who do not have any cards. 

The third package came from TCDB member AnalogKid.  This 2019 Topps Series 2 Musial is the only card that I kept from it.  The 13 other cards are heading out to 2 Trading Bases members that I owe.

No comments:

Post a Comment