Monday, July 15, 2019

Not All Cardinals

Despite what the title of my blog implies, I do show off the occasional cards that do not feature Cardinals.  It is not very often , but it does happen.  It may occur more often as my son gets more into collecting.  He is also a Cardinals fan, but loves Jose Altuve.  He knows one day my Cardinals collection will be his, but he also wants something of his own.  I have started to pick some Altuve cards and give them to him as a reward or allowance.  He recently passed the 150 mark with quite a few more coming in. 

On Saturday a trade envelope arrived from Colin M.  He is a member of TCDB, The Bench, and Trading Bases (every group that I am a member of).  We agreed to this trade on TCDB that brought something for me and my son.


Both Ozuna and Hicks are injured right now.  Ozuna may return before the end of July from a finger injury, but Hicks is out for the season due to Tommy John surgery.  The Bowman Top 100 inserts are one of my favorites every year.  It is fun to look back at the rankings to see if the player lived up to the hype.  Tragically this one did not. 

My son added four sweet Altuves to his collcetion.  The highlights are the 2015 Red Prizm and the 2017 Topps Chrome refractor.  Altuve is a player I can root for also.  He is a World Series champ who seems to play the game with hustle and heart.  You never hear anything negative about him.  He also plays in a different league than the Cardinals.  Glad my son picked him for a player collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment