Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Page of McGwires

The second package I received on Saturday was a pwe with a neatly folded 9 pocket page full of Mark McGwire cards from Trading Bases member Pete P.  I have received quite a few trades that have used this type of packaging.  As long as you use a thin piece of cardboard and tape the top shut, the cards should arrive safely.  It also saves on postage as the cost is less than $1.

These are just 3 of the thousands of cards Upper Deck put out of McGwire from 1998-2000.  According to my TCDB inventory, I have 694 different cards of his.  There are over 8,000 made, but I only collect the Cardinals cards.  Not sure what that number is, but would guess at least 5000.  Glad I do not player collect him.

Bobbleheads are not just stadium give aways.  UD Choice put out a couple of sets  in 1998 and 1999.  The 2000 Ultimate Victory Starstruck inserts looks pretty sweet.  You would think there would be a star or two in the background though.

Topps and Skybox also cranked out the Big Mac inserts.  The Fines Aaron Award Contenders is my favorite.  It is hard to see from the scan, but there is a picture of Hank in the background.       

1 comment:

  1. McGwire had some great cards back then, I like the BD Diamonation in particular.

    PWE trading in a 9-pocket page has been a godsend. I dont know how I'd made small trades before learning that trick.

    ReplyDelete