Monday, July 22, 2019

Platinum Joins The Club

The scorching heat that covered most of the Midwest this past weekend affected my plans.  My son and I had planned on make a trip to Indianapolis on Saturday for a card show and Indians game, but he decided it would be better to go swimming instead of dealing with the 90 plus degree temps.  Cannot say I blame him.  I spent the day going through trade envelopes and filing cards away. 

One of the envelopes was from TCDB member billwill305.  He sent a nice assortment of 2019 cards including some Bowman Platinum and Stadium Club.

Bader has not been getting on base enough to use his warp speed.  He is getting a chance to flash it as a defensive replacement in center field.  Carpenter is back on the DL again.   Tommy Edman is actually hitting better as the starting third baseman than Carp was.  Until he learns to hit to left field, Carp's average will never get close to .300 again.

The Knizner and Baker are my first 19 Bowman Platinum Top Prospect cards.  The Nolan Gorman card may be harder to track down.  The Hudson is one of 4 Cardinals in the base set.  I still need 2 more.

This Series 2 1984 Hudson insert looks a lot nicer than the Platinum card.  It is almost shocking that Topps used a different photo.

My son received a couple of nice Altuve cards.  He is inching closer to 200 different cards in his collection.  Not bad for just starting collecting him last fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment