Thursday, October 31, 2019

First Taste of Update

Congrats to the Washington Nationals.  It was a great series for any fan to watch.  Nice to see some fresh blood win, even though my son and I were rooting for Houston because of his Altuve affection.
Now that the season is over, cards can be pushed aside for some until 2020 Topps comes out.  Not me.  Yeck I have barely started some of the newer sets like 2019 Topps Update.  Long time trading friend Ron B. got me started on that set with his latest trade package.


There are only 7 Cardinals in the set.  I have 2 more incoming soon, so there will only be one more to track down.  The Edman is the big card out of this batch.  I know he had a pretty good rookie season, but some of the prices for his cards are crazy.  It reminds me of the Bo Hart and Joe McEwing craze years ago.  I hope Edman has a longer career than those 2.

Ron threw in some nice 2019 inserts.  The Donruss Mik card is numbered to 150 naturally.  I love the different Prizm variations this year.  This one is my first Pink card.

I received more than just pink parallels.  One purple and one plum frame Matt Carpenter card.  I am not sure what to think of Carp, but I do know next year will be very important to his future as a Cardinal.

The 2018 cards include were also colored.   The purple refractor is numbered to 250, the gallery is a wood/ canvas parallel form Topps Gallery.

My son came away with a couple of Altuve cards, although he already had the Donruss card.  I have found another Altuve collector on TCDB that we can swap doubles with, so this one will be headed out shortly.     

No comments:

Post a Comment