Monday, October 21, 2019

Trading with a Blogger/Birthday Buddy

I think I mention the Trading Card Database (TCDB) website in almost all of my posts.  The site has such a great trading tool that matches your wants and cards for trade to other collector's inventory.  I don't mind a blind trade, but this helps cut down on the number of Cardinals that get thrown in my duplicate box.

Another TCDB feature I discovered last week is the birthday feature.  You have the option to put in your date of birth minus the year.  Normally I do not pay attention to that, but last week I happened to make a trade with Robert from 30aWeekHabit blog.  This weekend while I was leaving him feedback for a trade package I received, I noticed we share the same birthday.  Not sure who is older, but I am guessing he may have a few years on me based on some of the sets he collects.  On to the cards.  We both sent some green to each other.
 
I had a handful of 2019 Gypsy Queen green parallels for Robert while he had these nice 2018 Donruss Holo Green Cardinals.

I also scored a blue parallel from 2011 Topps.  I love picking up any Topps parallel from that year since it was the last time the Cardinals won the World Series.  Speaking of the Fall Classic, I would be happy to see either team win.  My son is a big Altuve fan so he is rooting for the Astros, but it would be nice to see Scherzer win a ring. 

Last card in the package was from 2009 Upper Deck O-PEE-CHEE.  Yadi does not wear the blue gear anymore, so this one picture you may not see on a card again.  Now if it was a Topps cards, I am sure it would be used at least 3 or 4 more times. 

Thanks for the trade Robert, hope you have a good birthday coming soon.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment