Thursday, October 10, 2019

One for the Archives

Boy was I ever wrong about yesterday's game 5.  I would have never imagined the Cardinals scored that many runs in a game, let alone in 1 inning.  Great to see the bats come alive, but I hope they saved some for Washington.  Should be another great series.

What better way to celebrate a playoff win than opening a PWE full of Cardinals.  This one came from TCDB member jimsisco.  He put a major hurt on my 2019 Topps Archives team set.

The 1958 design is my least favorite of the 3 used this year.  It is not horrible, just not much to look at.  Plain background and plain border makes for a pretty boring design.

The 1975 design is my favorite.  I love the colorful borders.  Seems to fit right in with the 1970s era.

The 1993 design is in the middle.  I love the Dizzy Dean card.  It has been a while since Topps had him in a set.  These 8 cards left me with 5 more to finish the set.  Hope that happens before the end of the year. 

The lone insert was a Topps Magazine card.  I do not remember ever reading the magazine, but the cards look great.       
 

1 comment: