Friday, May 29, 2020

Almost a Failed Trade

I was really excited to work out a trade a couple of weeks ago with TCDB member CubinSTLsets.  I have traded with him a couple of times this year where I send Cubs his way and he sends Cardinals my ways.  The cards are always great, but this time he was going to be in my area and we were going to swap cards in person.  It was not in the cards though, as I had a meeting the same night he was in town.  We ended up missing each other by a couple of hours, but the cards did find their way to each other.

 I was surprised to see how many Ozzie cards I still need from 1980s sets.  One less off the list now.


I finished off 2 1995 sets with these cards.  After Ray Lankford, Brian Jordan was one of the best players on the Cardinals in the mid 1990s.  His football background led to an all out hustle style on the diamond.   Fun player to watch.


I almost finished the 1994 Leaf Limited set.  Anyone have an extra Todd Zeile laying around?


Pinnacle Dufex technology is awesome.  Wish Topps had a way to produce cards with a similar finish. 


Topps does have the gold theme down.  Whether on a border on a Stadium Club parallel, you usually cannot go wrong with it.


Last are 3 set hits from the early 2000s.  The Pujols is a photo sp. 

2 comments:

  1. I just completed a trade with CubInSTL myself. And I checked on that LL Zeile for you, but I don't have one :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking on the Zeile. Fred is great to deal with

      Delete