Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Mailday Recap

I did not get this package in today.  In fact it was Friday.  I am lacking for a blog title so I decided on something that sounds good instead of something to describe the cards.  Lame I know.  On to the cards that I received from TCDB member yankeedad69.


I do not collect any certain players anymore, but if I did DeJong would be at the top of the list.  I tend to shy away from pitchers so Flaherty would be out.  DeJong just seems like a solid player and a good guy.  Very personable and even takes pride in his autograph.


Speaking of pitchers, I have been getting quite a few Hudson cards in lately.  He had a pretty good rookie year in 2019 with 16 wins, but also led the league in walks with 86.  Carpenter stands to benefit if the universal DH is used.  He was never very good at second or third base.  With Paul Goldschmidt at first, DH would be his best spot.  Maybe he will have a bounce back year if he can concentrate solely on hitting.


For the past decade the Cardinals always seem to have a centerfielder of the future who does not last long as the starter.  Colby Rasmus, Jon Jay, Tommy Pham, Randal Grichuk , and now Harrison Bader.  Maybe young stud Dylan Carlson will take over next year and hold onto the spot.  I have touched on Baker before.  If there was minor league baseball this year, which I doubt, he would have started in Double A.  Playing in a hitter's league should have helped his trade value.  Now he will most likely lose a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment