Sunday, May 10, 2020

EBAY Win With Extras

I have been surfing EBAY a lot more lately.  With more spare time in the evenings and weekends, it is hard not to drift there.  Surfing for cool Cardinals keeps me a little more connected to the team without games going on.  My spending has went up from about $10 a month to closer to $25.  Still not a big spender, but it has been fun. 

Last Sunday I won an auction from a seller just a couple of hours away from me.  Wanting to add a new Cardinals autograph to my collection, I found a small lot that contained this


I saw Machado play a few times last year in Peoria.  He did hit for a decent average and has some speed.  I don't think that will be enough to get him to the majors, but time will tell.  He does  has an interesting autograph.  I have never seen a foreign born player just write his first name so neatly and nothing else.

The other 5 cards in the lot included a great mix of numbered cards. They included a Gorman refractor #ed to 499, a red Bowman Platinum #ed 8 of 10, an awesome looking 2019 Panini Phoenix #ed to 99, and a 2019 Topps Archives silver #ed to 99.  Not sure why the regular 2016 Bowman Chrome Flaherty was included. 

I always make it a point to check the seller's other items if he combines shipping.  I bid on 2 different items, winning one.  It was a Cubs lot of 10 cards for $1.



It had a mixture of everything.  A Kerry Wood #ed to 2000 and a Topps Chrome refractor. , a 2001 Golden Glove game used ball card, a Sosa game used base #ed to 400, and a 1970 Topps team card.  It has some issues, but is not too bad.  The bottom 5 feature a 2019 GQ logo swap Rizzo, a green Baez #ed to 99, a couple of Schwarbers, and a 1998 SPx #ed to 9000. 

I paid a total of $7.50 delivered for the 6 Cardinals and 10 Cubs.  I was more than pleased with the price.  I gained a new auto and some sweet numbered Cardinals along with some Cubs for trade bait.  When the packaged arrived yesterday, the seller included a lot more.

 
A sweet mixture of 2019 inserts included a needed Heritage SP.


I just received a copy of the Hudson last week from Kerry.  Now I have an extra.  The rest of these are also extras.  The Helsely is also a Heritage sp.



This seller must be a Bryant magnet.  Lots of his inserts along with a Baez 2019 Heritage Cloth sticker.  The Bryant Chrome is a refractor.  All total there were 39 cards.  I think I did ok for about 20 cents per card.

2 comments: