Tuesday, February 5, 2019

2 PWE from the Weekend

My mail was delayed a few days last week due to the extreme cold conditions.  I knew 1 trade envelope was coming, but was surprised to find a second PWE in my mailbox on Saturday.

Long time trading friend Mark Z sent me these 2 inserts unexpectedly, a 2009 Topps Gold and a 2000 Bowman Bowman's Best Preview.  I always like the 2000 Best cards, but did not understand why Topps had to issue a preview in a set released only a few months before.

The second PWE contained 6 Cardinals from The Bench member smitha1.  He finished both my 2014 and 2016 Finest team sets.

I was also able to finish my 2014 Prizm set.  The Gonzales is from 2015 Bowman.  I still root for him even though he is with the Mariners.  Marco was a very well spoken player and twice took time to sign autographs before Triple A games in Memphis that I attended back in 2015.

The Oh card finished my 2015 Bowman Chrome set, while the Flaherty is my first 2018 Bowman Chrome card.  Finish one, start another.   Thus the life of a team collector.     

No comments:

Post a Comment