Monday, February 4, 2019

First Taste of 2019 Topps

It never fails that a trip to Wal-Mart includes a stroll by the card aisle.  Saturday was no different as my son and I had a few things to get for a Super Bowl party on Sunday (wow that was a bad game).  My son was excited to see the new 2019 Topps was already out.  I let him pick out the blaster box that we opened when we got home.   

 
First card out of the pack was this sweet photo.  Wonder if Engel made the catch.

The Wal-Mart blasters include Acuna highlight cards.  I would guess he did make the catch on the above card.

The gold cards look pretty nice this year.  The 150th parallels are nothing special, but easy to spot.

I was not too impressed with any of these inserts, although the 1984 inserts will probably grow on me.

I do like the Grapefruit League inserts.  These are found in blaster boxes, while the Cactus League inserts are found in retail loose packs.

I have never opened a pack with a photo variation until I found this one.  I doubt I would have noticed, but I received the regular Davis as well.

The Manufactured relic cards found 1 per blaster box are pretty cheesy this year.  This one is not even on the card straight.

We pulled 3 Cardinals base cards along with a Molina insert.  Just 11 more base cards to go for the team set. 



2 comments:

  1. My first card of my blaster was Engel also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed other breaks that look very similar to mine as far as the inserts go. Some things don't change with Topps

      Delete