Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Cardinals for Cardinals

Catching up with my trades from last week, today I have a stack of Cardinals from fellow Cardinals fan Jerry J from Trading Bases.  Nothing better than both parties trading away extras for team cards each one needs.

I love these 2014 Topps Red Foil cards.  They remind me of Bowman Shimmer cards.  Does not hurt that the primary color is Cardinal red.

I wonder why Topps called this 2001 set Archives Reserves instead of Archives Chrome.  Either way, I am a sucker for sets built on older players.  These 3 cards finished the 6 card team set for me.

More cards of old timers from a variety of sets.  The 2011 Tier One Mize #ed to 799 is my favorite, although the Gibson Certified Cuts is a close second.

Some sets that I have not received any hits from in a long while.  The 1997 Donruss Limited  set was a nice idea, but I do not like cards that feature players on both sides.  Even the ones with players from the same team.

 A few more recent team sets featured.  The Carpenter was the last card I needed to finish the 2013 Heritage High Numbers.  The Martinez also finished a team set from 2014 Bowman Scouts Top 5 Mini Refractors.

The Piscotty finished my 2017 Donruss set.  I thought I was getting the regular 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Lee Smith card, but instead received the States parallel.  No big deal as I needed either card.  I hope to get the Perez card autographed during my next trip to a Peoria Chiefs game.  I hope that is sometime in June.  
   



No comments:

Post a Comment