Sunday, May 26, 2019

Yes It Is a Weekend Post

I seldom make a post on a weekend, but I am trying to get my trade recaps caught up.  I hope to this done by the end of this week.  This package came from TCDB member tigerhead.


DeJong has been one of the few bright spots for the Cardinals so far this year.  He has been hitting close to .300 all year while being among the league leaders in doubles.  If he stays healthy, he looks to be the Cardinals representative on the All Star team.  Jordan Hicks has a chance also, but he has not been getting the save chances because the Cardinals have been losing so much.

This card completed my 2017 Bowman Draft Chrome team set.  Hurst has been up and down between High A and Double A this year.  There is nothing too flashy about his game.  He has some power and is good defensively.  There are quite a few other outfielders ahead of him in the minors, so I doubt he makes it to St. Louis barring a huge breakout season in the next year or two.

A couple of nice inserts and a not so great Topps cards.  I am a big fan of the 2019 150 year inserts that highlight past great players like Slaughter.  I also love the 1987 Topps design no matter what card it is used for.  As for the Rediscover cards, not a fan.  I do not see the point of re-issuing a 2012 Topps card five years later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment