Monday, May 20, 2019

Sometimes I Just Forget

Time got away from me last week.  I have quite a few trade recaps to do, but life got in the way last week.  I hope this week allows me to catch up.  I need to because I am starting to forget who sent me what.  If I make a trade on The Bench or TCDB website, I can always go back and find out where incoming cards came from.  Every now and then I make a blog trade or receive cards from a Trading Bases member.  Those trades I usually remember, but not all the time.  This batch of cards I cannot for the life of me figure out where they came from.  They have been in my scanned folder for about 10 days.  If you sent me these cards, please send me a reminder so I can thank you properly.

One of my pet peeves is a card that shows a player in one uniform, but lists the team as another.  The Slaughter card is one of those.  The Eckersley 1996 Select finished my team set.

A few weeks ago was the 20th anniversary of Tatis hitting 2 grand slams in one inning.  His son is not too bad of a ball player for the Padres.

These 2 were all the rage in the collecting world back in 1998-2000.  Neither lived up to the hype, but both had some good  moments.  It will be interesting to see if Ankiel can make it back from an injury to become a reliever.

I love the Stars and Steel cards.  I wonder if Topps will ever bring the brand back like they did with Gold Label and Gallery.  HD would not be a bad choice either.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment