Wednesday, August 7, 2019

One From The Bench, One From TCDB

School starts here in one week.  That means my spare time will be cut down big time.  My son starts soccer practice this weekend, while my daughter has volleyball games starting by the end of the month.  At least I might have time on the weekends to spend with my collection.  In the meantime, I have been busy working out trades wherever I can.  Monday brought packages from 2 different sites.
The Bench member Oriiolesfan8 sent a four pack of Cardinals, while TCDB member corozco sent a nice Paul Goldschmidt along with some trade bait.


The Goldy HR Challenge cards was the lone card from my second package.  I have never tried the challenge before, but I think I will try with this card.  May have to do some homework before I pick a date.  I love the green bordered GQ cards.  They remind me of a baseball diamond.

Though not as sharp as the green cards, the purple GQ is also pretty sharp.  Bader was sent down to Triple A Memphis a couple of weeks ago to learn how to hit again.  He was hovering around the .200 mark for most of the season.  I hope he gets it figured out because he is a fun player to watch in the field and on the bases.

The last cards is a 2015 Chrome Prism refractor.  Wainwright is having somewhat of a bounce back season in what could be his final year.  He is not the pitcher he was 5 years ago, but every 4th or 5th start he will show flashes of his former self.  I am glad he has a chance to finish his career as a starter for the Cardinals.  Always a class act who does a lot for the community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment