Tuesday, August 13, 2019

The Good and The Bad of a Trade

It is not very often I have something bad to say about a trade.  In my 25 plus years of trading, I can only think of a handful of times were I did not receive something or the package arrived damaged.  With over a 1,000 trades completed, that is a pretty good percentage.  But my latest trade with The Bench member AndyDrummond left a bad taste in my mouth.  I will say this had nothing to do with what he did, but more with what I received.  He went above what we agreed upon.

The good part of the trade were these 2 2019 Topps Chrome cards.  I find it hard to think of a 30 year old pitcher as a Future Star, but I guess Topps has other ideas.  The Ponce card is a prism refractor that looks much better in hand.

Now the bad part:
This card was not in the original deal I agreed upon.  The other trader had it laying on his desk and thought I would enjoy it.  I really appreciate his generosity, but Topps screwed this up big time.  Why would you take a 50 year old card that is in pretty good shape and put a damn stamp on it?  I do not even have the original card in my collection.  The stamp is not even centered on the card.  Epic fail if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment