Monday, June 29, 2020

Cardinals Panini Prizm Break

A lot has been said about the increase in box prices and the difficulty in finding retail packs since the pandemic hit.  I have never been one to open many packs, so I cannot fully say how this has affected me.  About my only experience so far was the lack of 2020 Bowman at my local Walmart.  Packs were hard to find about 2 weeks after release, but over the weekend I checked out the card section and there were about 10 blasters and plenty of rack packs.

I did eventually find a couple of Bowman blasters 2 weeks ago, but I already had quite a few Cardinals from an EBAY box break .  Since that break turned out ok, I decided to try another one.  This time I went with 2020 Panini Prizm.  Thanks to another EBAY $10 off coupon, I won the spot for a little less than $20.


 
The auction was for 6 hobby boxes.  I have multiples of these 6 base cards.  I still need the Wong and DeJong cards.  They are in Tier 3, which are the toughest to pull.


The Cardinals do not have many inserts in this brand, but I did receive 2 copies of this Carlson card.


What draws me to Prizm is the number of parallels.  I believe there are 18 different ones to chase.  This Goldy is common Blue Prizm.


Although I did not get his base card, I did get a Red Prizm Edman.  Neither of the blue or red are numbered.


This Hudson Blue Mojo is numbered to 175.  The Bowman counterpart looks better, but these are pretty sharp.


The best card was this Matt Carpenter  Tiger Stripe parallel.  This one is not numbered, but they are seeded 1 per case.  I give Panini an A for trying something different with this design.


No comments:

Post a Comment