Thursday, November 12, 2020

Trade Full of Black

Yesterday's post was all about gold cards.  Today's features a bunch of black borders.  All of these came in from a trade with TCDB member mp775.

There are 330 cards in the 1992 Conlon Collection TSN set.  49 of those are Cardinals.  I love this set because of the obscure retired players in it.  I need to find 2 more to finish this big one.



Speaking of big sets,  I received all 25 cards from the 1988 CMC Louisville Redbirds set.  Not very many big name guys in this one.  Cardinals fans may remember the other Cris Carpenter that played for them.  I guess this card is an uncorrected error since his name is spelled wrong.


I just need to track down the Nolan Gorman short print to finish this year's Topps Heritage Minors team set.  Have I mentioned how much I missed minor league baseball this year?  This may be the 100th time since March.


The only non black border card was this 1990 Topps Sticker.  I have not heard much about Pedro since his stroke in 2017.  He recovered pretty well from that, so I assume he is still going strong.  


1 comment:

  1. The Conlon cards are great, I've learned a lot about pre-war players from that set.

    Night Owl has mentioned Guerrero a couple times recently.

    ReplyDelete