Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Trade Full of Gold

The trade packages are still coming in from TCDB.  It is nice to see the website getting a lot of attention on the blogs.  It is a great for not only trading, but keeping track of what you have.  I love being able to find out how many Yadier Molina cards I have with just a few clicks.  Of course the trading is the biggest draw for me.  It is very easy to find a trading partner if you take the time to enter a trade and want list.  I just received a package from member jimetal7212.  We both ended up with 14 new cards.  Quite a few of mine were of the golden variety.  

I have added quite a few Bowman Gold sets to my wantlist, but have a ton more to go.  These are not as nice as a flagship gold parallel because of the issues with chipping.  They are also a lot thicker.  These 2005 cards give me 5 out of the 11 Cardinals.  


Seems like every company has some type of gold parallel.  The 1995 SP Top Prospects die cut is of the third Benes brother Adam.  He never made it to the Majors like Andy and  Alan.  I did not even know he had a card.  The 1995 Score Gold Rush checklist card finished my team set.  I am one of those collectors who consider a checklist part of the team.  Strange I know.  There is also a 2001 Bowman Gold of  Ankiel the pitcher and a 1997 Ultra Gold Medallion.


Moving on to some different Bowman parallels are these 2 1997 Bowman International cards.  They are normal thickness, but have the same chipping issues as the gold cards.  I like the concept, but the black border makes them very dark.


What do all these cards have in common?  Not much other than all 4 of these guys played first base.  All of them were also All Stars while playing for the Cardinals.  Jefferies made it both years he played for St. Louis in 1993 and 1994.  


The last part of the trade was this 1983 Fleer Star Sticker of Silent George.  One of the best stories I heard about him was after the Cardinals won Game 7 of the 1982 World Series, he drove from St. Louis to his home in California still in his uniform.  He did not stick around very long after the game to celebrate.  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment