Monday, August 30, 2021

It Must Be Monday

 Today's post will only be the 7th one for me in August.  For some reason I have managed to make one each of the 5 Mondays this month.  Not sure why that is, but I hope to improve in September.  Can't really say why I have been slacking.  There is a healthy stack of cards on my desk to scan, and also a few other baseball related items to write about.  Maybe I am just getting old and lazy. 

 Anyways, today's cards come from Trading Bases friend Ron B.  He decided to break up some of his sets that will never be complete due to short prints or just a lack of interest in the set anymore.  He always thinks of me first when getting rid of his Cardinals.


My 2014 Elite Extra Edition team set is now complete thanks to these 3 cards.  I have the Gomber and Kiekroeger cards autographed, but prefer unsigned cards for my team set.


2001 Fleer Platinum had a lot of short print rookie cards.  I doubt I will ever complete this set due to the 2 Pujols rookie cards.


2001 Fleer E-X also had a lot of short print rookie cards.  This Snead is numbered to 2499.  The first 500 copies are autographed like this one.  Once again there is a Pujols rookie card in this set that I may never get.


Changing gears a little to a parallel set from 2003 Topps Gallery.  It is hard to tell from the scan, but these are the Artist Proof foil cards.  They look very nice in hand.  A lot more gloss to them than the current day rainbow foil from Topps flagship.


This 2002 Fleer Fall Classics Keith Hernandez is a team short print.  The base card shows him in a Mets uniform.  The Goldy HR card is from 2020.  I still have 2 codes to enter for this year.  Hope he stays hot for another few weeks.


Wrapping things up with a couple of nice Chrome Cardinals greats.  The Ozzie is a refractor from 2020 Stadium Club Chrome.  The Gibson is from 2021 Topps 70 Years of Topps. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment