Monday, August 9, 2021

Great EBAY Box Break

It has been around 3 months since the last time I bought into a box break.  The one back in May was not really worth the money, but that is the risk you take.  Quite a few new products have been released since then, but I have found none at the local Walmart.  Wanting to make some progress on recent team sets, I won an EBAY auction last week with 20 different blaster boxes.  The break featured 5 blasters each of Stadium Club, Gypsy Queen, Select, and Absolute.  I paid a little less than the price of 2 blasters.  This one turned out quite well for me.


The are only 3 packs of 4 cards in each Select blaster with each pack containing 1 Scope parallel.  I was very lucky getting 2 of those with 1 being a sweet Dylan Carlson rookie.  There was not much else pulled out of Select.  Glad I did not waste $20 on a blaster.


Absolute boxes have 5 packs of 8 cards and 1 hit per box.  The base cards are nothing too exciting, but it was nice to get Arenado in a Cardinals uniform.  I received 2 of them along with a Molina base that I already had from a trade.


I did well with the inserts pulling a Goldschmidt and a red Arenado numbered to 99.


Each box has 5 green parallels.  I almost got a full box's worth with 3 of them being inserts.  



Stadium Club blasters also have 40 cards like Absolute.  Unlike Absolute, Stadium Club is 8 packs of 5 cards.  I did not put much of a dent in my team set as I only received 4 base cards.  Too bad I already bought the Kim and Gibson cards at a card show in July.  


The only other card I got was a great Beam Team black parallel numbered to 99.  This was my second nice Carlson inserts and second insert numbered to 99 out of the first 15 boxes.  Already a lot better than the last box break I was in.


Gypsy Queen blasters have 7 packs of 7 cards.  I received 7 total Cardinals base cards with one being a duplicate Molina and also my 3 Carlson card.  It would not be the last.


Autographs fall 1:110 packs in blaster boxes.  I admit I let out a yell when I saw the Carlson card.  These are selling for a little over what I won the auction for.   Throw in the black Beam Team and all the other inserts and base cards, and I think I came out smelling like a rose on this one.    

  



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got a really nice variety of cards. Those Select parallels are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete