Thursday, June 3, 2021

Should Have Waited

Today I am taking a break from trade recaps to show off the results of 2 box breaks.  Back in late April Diamond Kings and Bowman released on the same day.  Knowing I would have little to no luck finding any retail packs to open (still have not seen any at my local Walmart), I searched for a group break to join.  In early May, I found a seller who was breaking 2 Jumbos of Bowman and 3 Hobby boxes of Diamond Kings on the same day.  I won both auctions for $20.50.  I was a little disappointed with the shipping cost of $5 for each auction.  That is not high, but the seller refused to combine shipping even though both auctions ended on the same day and the boxes were opened the same day.  Doesn't not make sense to me, but he did ship them in 2 separate bubble mailers.  Cost both of us a few dollars by doing so.  

Before I show the cards, I will say I should have waited another week or 2 to join breaks for both of these sets.  The price has come down a little, plus most of the cards I received in the break are readily available for trade.  That is the risk you take when joining a break.  Here is what roughly $55 got me.

I received 3 each of the non prospects from  Bowman.  It was nice to get multiple Carlsons.


I received 3 of the 4 prospects from the set.  Still missing the Nolan Gorman card.  I did get doubles of Walker and Liberatore.  I plan to hold onto those just in card in person autographing every makes a comeback from Covid.


I am missing the Libertore from the Chrome set.  No doubles out of these.  No inserts or parallels out of the 2 boxes.  Was this lot worth $25?  Most likely not.


I did get 2 complete Diamond Kings team sets and a third Carlson card.  The Musial is a short print.  


I did get 4 inserts from the 3 boxes including my first Arenado Cardinals card, but it was a downer to get duplicates.  Just like Bowman, I doubt I got $25 worth of cards from Diamond Kings.  Hopefully I learn from my mistake and can resist the urge to immediately join a Topps Series 2 break next week.  




    

1 comment:

  1. I love participating in group breaks but more often than not, I feel like I didn't get my money's worth.

    ReplyDelete