After today's post I am finally caught up. I do not have any incoming trades as of right now. I took a couple of weeks off because of a busy schedule and I had family visiting most of last week. I still have some filing to do, but with the forecast of rain for most of this week I hope to have a spare hour or two to get that done.
This trade envelope from a TCDB member arrived last week. I was really looking forward to it because it was another Cardinals for Cardinals swap with someone I had traded with 2 times before. I mailed off 81 cards from my duplicates box, while I had 31 different Cardinals coming my way. I mailed mine in 100 count box packed with shipping peanuts. The other nameless trader received his end before he mailed mine. That is not a big deal as things often happen and someone cannot mail out when they want to. What is a big deal is stuffing all 31 cards into 1 Ultra Pro 9 pocket sheet, then stuffing that into a pwe. No cardboard protection either. To make things worse, he just put a regular stamp on it. Of course it arrived with $1.05 postage due. I sent him a not so nice message with a scan of the envelope. He agreed to send a couple of more cards my way to offset the cost. I am not holding my breath. Needless to say this will be the last time I deal with him. I was very fortunate that only a couple of cards had corner dings.
Enough of the whining. Here is what I did get.
A large number of the incoming cards were numbered including this 2002 Flair short print rookie and the 1998 Topps Stars DeShields card. The scan did a good job of hiding a corner ding on the Flair card. It is not horrible, but could have easily been prevented.