Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Starting Series 2

So far I have done well on my goal of not buying any Series 2 packs.  I have come across some at 2 different Walmarts, and also saw plenty of overpriced blasters at the card show last weekend.  The sooner I can complete the Cardinals team set, the less I will have to fight the temptation.  A trade last week with TCDB member suorange93 got my set started.


There are 11 Cardinals in Series 2 not counting the Musial short print.  This trade almost brought me half of them.  8 of the 11 cards are of pitchers.  Most of them are either hurt or have been very ineffective so far.  That is a big reason why the Cardinals are in 4th place and 8 games behind the Brewers.


I also received my first Series 2 insert with the 1965 Molina card.  I like how Topps used a photo with him wearing a retro uniform.  Flaherty is one of the afore mentioned injured pitchers.  It sounds like it will be August before he returns.  


Moving on to the Donruss portion of the trade with a couple of colored 2021 parallels.  Goldy is not playing up to his standards yet, but he usually heats up when the weather does.  Hope that is sooner rather than later.  Wainwright is having a pretty good season for a soon to be 40 year old pitcher who has trouble hitting 90 mph on the gun.  A winning record with an ERA around 3.6 is great for this Cardinals team.


Gorman should play his first Triple A game today barring a rain out.  If they National League still had a DH, he might have made his debut this year.  It should come early next year.  His 2021 Mojo Refractor show him in a spring training uniform.  Topps actually chose a photo to use that required no airbrushing. 


  

1 comment:

  1. That Yadi in the retro uni really is pretty cool. Hoping Waino can keep it going. Good cards and post.

    ReplyDelete