Friday, June 25, 2021

5 For Friday

The weekend is almost here.  I have been looking forward to this one for a couple of weeks.  With any luck, my son and I will be attending our first card show since last March.  It is a little over an hour away.  It is a mall show with 60 tables advertised.  It has been 10+ years since I have been to this show, so I am not sure what to expect.  All I know is we both can't wait to dig through some boxes.    

It will be nice to hopefully get some new cards in.  Retail is still nowhere to be found.  I have not been surfing EBAY as much recently.  Not sure why, but with the release of Stadium Club today that may change.  My trading has also slowed down quite a bit.  There has only been 1 envelope delivered to the house earlier this week courtesy of TCDB member CoachBarry.  He sent along 5 different cards to help along 2 different collections.  


I love these Bowman inserts every year.  It is fun looking back on the Top 100 cards to see how the player pans out.  Those players usually make the Majors, unlike some from the Talent Pipeline cards.  Nothing against Conner Capel, but I doubt he has much of a career in St. Louis.


Base cards from high end products are always nice to get in a trade.  I will never buy a box of Inception, and highly doubt I would get into a box break.  It is too high priced for my blood.


The final 2 cards went into my son's Altuve binders.  Jose is still hitting the ball pretty well.  It looks like he will make an All Star appearance next month.  Not sure the fans will vote him as the starter, but he is worthy of being there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment