Thursday, July 20, 2023

Card Show Recap: Vendor #2

The second vendor I bought from at Saturday's card show was a couple of younger guys, maybe early 20s at best.  Might have been brothers or just friends.  I do not recall seeing them set up at this show before.  They were one of the few dealers who did not have showcases full of graded cards.  A little surprising considering their age.  Instead, they had 3 boxes of base cards marked 15 for $1 that were sorted by team.  We found a lot more than base cards.  We pulled 45 for $3.


Not too many Cardinals in the box.  Since they were so cheap, I pulled the few inserts and parallels I found without checking my wantlist.  Flaherty is the only card I needed.


Not very many Altuve cards either.  The Holo Orange ended up being a duplicate.  The rest of the cards I pulled are trade bait for various team collectors.


Had to take care of my Pirates friend.



Quite a few nice Braves.



A lot of nice Dodgers also.


A few Indians


And finally, 3 Giants and a lone Royal.

There were 2 other boxes filled with cards that were unmarked.  One row was nothing but 2023 Bowman cards.  They ended up being 5 for $1.  I pulled $7 worth from there.  


Found 2 Cardinals I needed, along with some other inserts.


Spotlight inserts



Top 100 inserts



Lunar Glow refractors.  Shocked to see these for $0.20 each.  No big names, but still a nice find.



Camo parallels from 2021


2 final cards to make it an even $7 for a grand total of $10.  There were a few cards lying on a table in top loaders.  Nothing really jumped out at me except for a Tommy Edman autograph numbered to 99 for $15.  For some reason, I did not pick it up.  Maybe next time.











1 comment:

  1. I would have loved stumbling across those 15 for $1 boxes. Very cool finds... for the price.

    ReplyDelete