Thursday, July 27, 2023

Vintage Twitter Buys

Last Saturday, I bought 3 vintage cards from 2 different sellers on Twitter.  I was a little surprised to see both pwe's arrived Tuesday.  Very quick turnaround.  I wish EBAY sellers were like that.  


This 1966 Lou Brock cost me $5.  At little off-centered, and not sure what the mark is by his nose.  It is not paper loss.  Very pleased with the condition for the price.


These 2 1968 Topps cards were $8 total.  Once again they are not mint, but in great shape for the price I paid.  No major creases or writing on either one.  A great deal in my book to cross off a Hall of Famer from my wantlist for less than $10. 


  

4 comments:

  1. Great cards! i picked up a '68 Brock out of a box at my LCS once upon a time. Sent it to PSA and it graded an 8 (even though it was off-center)

    Then i sold it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how cheap Brock and Gibson ungraded cards are. There was a small increase after they passed away, but for the most part you can still find great deals. $5 for a 50+ year old card of a Hall of Famer is an awesome buy in my book.

      Delete
  2. $13 well spent. I guess I should utilize my Twitter account more and look for deals like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of my Twitter buys are being in the right place at the right time. I follow some members running stack sales, but do not have much luck with those.

      Delete