Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Care Package from Ron B

Good trading friend Ron B from Trading Bases sent me an unexpected package while I was away on vacation last month.  He recently had some knee surgery, so he was looking for ways to pass the time while being stuck inside his home for a while.  What better way to kill time than to mess with baseball cards.  Wish I had something to send him in return right now, but it will be a few weeks.  


I am slowly pushing towards 300 different Goldschmidt cards.  These put me at 274.  


My Molina count is now 693.  700 should be here before the end of summer.


My Ozzie collection is 757.  I thought I would be closed to 1,000 with all the cards Topps still produces of him.  


A couple of nice purple cards from 2016 Heritage.  Wainwright hit the DL after another terrible start yesterday.  It looks like he should have retired at the end of last year along with Pujols and Molina.


There were 2 more Wainwright cards in the package along with some other Topps inserts.  My Wainwright collection is now at 404.  Pitchers do not get as much love from Topps unless they are one of the few big guns.  


A few other Topps brand cards.  Hard to go wrong with a Chrome sapphire or Stadium Club red foil color match.


Should have posted these red, white, and blue Prizm parallels yesterday.  Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.  I had a low-key day with a cookout in the early evening, followed by throwing bp to my son and nephew.  


Ron always makes sure my son receives some Altuve cards.  Nice to add some premium base cards to his collection.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment