Tuesday, July 18, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #47

I will hold off my card show recap from the weekend 1 day longer in order to do my 2 for Tuesday post.  Need to clear room on my scanner table anyway for the card show pickups.  First trade came from member Papayanz.


This was a simple Cardinals for Nationals trade.  I do not recall ever running across a Nats collector until this trade.  The Goldschmidt looks like a 2020 base card, but it is from the National League Standouts set.  First time ever seeing this card.

Second trade was a 2023 Donruss lot from member supergajit.

This year's Donruss set is made up of retired players and prospects.  Lou Brock and Enos Slaughter are the 2 bigger names in the retired section.  Musial and Gibson were left out in favor of Jim Edmonds, Vince Coleman, and Ray Lankford.  I am not complaining about that one bit.


Various prospects from other teams have been promoted just like Jordan Walker for the Cardinals.  The set must have been in production early enough to be able to include them.  Nice to get some new cards of lesser know prospects like Cho and Graceffo.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment