Thursday, September 14, 2023

Contest Winnings from Kerry

In Monday's post, I mentioned a large package I received from Kerry of Cards On Cards fame.  This one contained some free Cardinals for finishing 2nd in his yearly NCAA tournament pool.  Kerry sent a very nice mixture of cards my way, a lot more than I was expecting.


Up until now, the only Cardinals post cards I had in my collection were Ray Lankford.  This Ozzie Smith is from 1986.  


A couple of Topps Gallery rainbow foil cards including a second Smith card.


2 base cards and an insert from 2023 Prizm.  I like getting prospect cards, but Prizm is a brand I could do without.


It will be interesting to see what the Cardinals do with O'Neill this winter.  2024 will be his last year of arbitration before becoming a free agent.  I was betting he would have been traded this year if  he was healthy.


Nice mixture of Topps parallels, an online exclusive Arendao, and 2017 Archives Snapshots Edmonds that finished a team set.  


Do I already have a Motte autograph in my collection? Yes.  Do I already have relics of DeJongs and Edmonds?  Yes.  Do I still love getting autographs and relics cards I do not have?  You bet.  

A big thank you Kerry for the wonderful package.  






2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the cards! I tried to go for quality over quantity with your prize, since I figured you didn't need piles of base card dupes any more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. My duplicate box is slowly getting smaller. Would like to keep it that way.

      Delete