Tuesday, September 5, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #53

Hope everyone enjoyed the Labor Day holiday yesterday.  I spent mine changing the brakes on my truck.  I was hoping to save some money on labor, which I did but wasted an extra 3 hours due to some bolts being stripped out.  Next time I will just take it to the garage.  I hoped to spend some time filing away cards, but that did not happen.  I did scan a few for this week's posts including 2 small trades from last week.  First up is a package from member ccook.


It has been almost a year since Bruce Sutter passed away.  Seems every year the Cardinals loss a Hall of Famer.  


Whitery Herzog appears to be going strong at age 92.  I know he is still doing public autograph appearances.  I have met him a couple of times in the past, but may try again before it is too late.  I love getting oddball cards like this 1987 Donruss Pop Up.


I marked the 1989 Classic set off my team list thanks to getting these 2 cards.  I remember that team not being very good, but they managed a 3rd place finish while being 10 games over .500.  A lot better than I can say for this year's team.  

Second trade consisted of 3 base cards from member Drdirt.


Not a lot of value, but I will gladly mark 3 cards off my needs list.  This was also a trade that I did not propose.  Most of the time I will gladly accept a trade when the other party goes to the trouble of putting it together.  Nice to see Hall of  Famer Frisch getting some cardboard love from Panini.  







     

No comments:

Post a Comment