Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Nothing But Chrome

Today is officially Bowman Chrome release day, although some of the cards started showing up online last night.  While I love Chrome just as much as the next collector, I do not go overboard looking for the hot prospects.  I will eventually hunt down the base Cardinals and maybe the autographs from this year's set.  The autos are from a low A catcher and a Triple A pitcher.  Neither should cost over $5 after a few weeks.

I did get my Chrome fix with a recent trade from TCDB member Jahape1.  Not much of the Bowman Chrome variety, but still plenty of shiny cards.


My 2023 Topps Chrome set is now complete.  I thought the Walker RC would be harder to get, but thankfully it was not.


Stadium Club and Chrome go very well together.  Nothing better than great photos that shine.


I was disappointed to see Flaherty not getting a start during the Orioles series.   Would have been interesting to see him pitch against his former team.  On the bright side, Adam Wainwright finally won career game 199 last night.  He will have 3 chances to reach 200.  Fingers crossed it will happen.  


Walker soared up the prospect rankings in 1 year.  The 2022 Bowman Top 100 card had him at 87.  He moved up to 5 in the 2023 set.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment