Tuesday, September 12, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #54

I have several small trade packages sitting on my desk still waiting to be scanned.  That gives me plenty of material for the next few 2 for Tuesday posts.  Time to knock a couple out today with the first one from member Sandman1971.


Wish I had this card a few weeks ago.  Could have gotten in autographed, but Robinson does sign a lot so I will have other chances next year.  Always fun to add a minor league card to the collection like this 1997 Best.  


Hard to believe I have never heard of or seen this 1993 Donruss insert.  The back mentions  Ray Lankford leading the 1992 Cardinals with 20 home runs.  A lot of guys have that total before the All Star break now.


I do not scan the back of a card very often, but I wanted to show off the hologram of this 1998 Collector's Choice card.  Cards from Series 1 have 2 different versions.  The factory set has the diamond hologram seen on this card, while cards pulled from packs have a home plate hologram.

Second trade came from member BubbaV304.


A new week with another 1992 Topps Gold crossed off the list.  


Continuing with the gold theme of this trade are 3 cards from 2002 Ultra.  I am getting close to 800 different McGwire cards.  Not bad for not actively collecting his cards.


  

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen that Felix Jose card before. I know he was not on the Cardinals long, but I loved watching him play. Going to have to go find that one.

    ReplyDelete