Thursday, December 21, 2023

2 EBAY Autos

Yesterday I took the day off work to accompany my wife to a retirement meeting.  She is an elementary school teacher with 26 years of service.  She was a little disappointed to hear it will be 9 more years before she can earn her full retirement.  With the way kids are today, I am not sure that is going to happen.  I envy anyone who is in the classroom these days.  Kids are showing less respect than ever and know little can be done about it.  

To cheer her up, we went on a little shopping trip.  She bought a $180 pair of Hoka shoes for herself for Christmas.  She told me to pick out something for myself.  I explained how much I had spent on EBAY the last few months, so I declined.  2 of those purchases were in the mailbox when we arrived home.



This is my first Burelson auto.  Nice on card auto from 2023 Finest for less than $6 delivered.  He does have some nicer autographs, but with his name coming up in trade rumors, I hate to spend much on a player who may not be a Cardinal for very long.


My scanner did not do a very good job of showing off the green parallel auto.  This looks nice next to the regular, blue , red, and gold versions I already have.  The platinum version numbered to 1 is still out there, but will most likely be out of my price range.      
      

1 comment:

  1. This is my 26th year in the district... and education has definitely changed during that time. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's experience. Sadly the part about "little can be done about it" is very true. It seems like every year... teachers, administration, and even districts are handcuffed a little more on what is deemed acceptable "consequences" for poor choices made by kids. Not sure what exactly takes place in your wife's district, but over here it's pretty insane what the students can get away with. It's almost laughable. As much as I believe in holding kids accountable... I think the problem starts with the system we have in place. It's only natural for students/kids to test the limits. Adults do it too. Hopefully the people in charge will realize that we're not helping kids by giving everyone a participation trophy and letting them set their own boundaries and consequences. We're only setting them up for a reality check when they become adults.

    Anyways... hopefully things get better for her. A new pair of shoes is a nice distraction. So are autographed cards :D

    ReplyDelete