Friday, December 8, 2023

It Has Been 2 Months

It has been a long time since I highlighted a single TCDB trade if you do not count my 2 for Tuesday posts.  Almost 2 months in fact.  My trading has slowed town a bit.  I still propose 4 or 5 trades a week, but since I joined the site 6 years ago, I have never experienced so many declined offers.  I have mainly been looking for some base cards and low end inserts, with each offer being anywhere from 4-10 cards to make it worth the postage cost.  Some counters have occurred with some ridiculous offers, but for the most part, my proposals just get shot down.  At least there are a few collectors like jeffburk who will work with me.


I do not go crazy over the Topps UK singles, but I will not pass up a chance to add another Arenado card to the collection.  


This is my first card from 2023 Select.  It is nice to see Walker getting some hobby love.  He was an outfielder during the 1940s who played for 2 World Series teams and made 2 All-Star teams.  He might have been better known if he had not lost 2 of his prime years due to military service.  


My favorite card in the package was this 2022 Prizm Blue Velocity parallel.  The red and blue really stand out with the glossy finish.    


      

No comments:

Post a Comment