Thursday, December 28, 2023

Sort of a First Trade with Ron B

I have sung the praises of trading friend and Trading Bases member Ron B many times on this blog.  Our back and forth trading has last a few years and is still going strong.  We exchange emails with our card show finds we think the other may need, and work out a trade from there.  Both of us are easy going and do not get caught up in the value part of things.  Recently Ron joined TCDB and starting logging some of his trade list.  He added many 1950s and 1960s Cardinals I needed.  In all our trades, I have never asked for any vintage cards.  I usually shy away from doing so because I have no vintage cards to send in return.  After a few messages, we worked out a trade/sale for the ones I needed.  They arrived a few days before Christmas.


These are my first cards from the 1956 Topps set.  Love the second year Boyer card.



I only had 1 1957 Topps card before this trade.  Nice to add a huge chunk at 1 time.


2 from 1958 Topps.  The Larry Jackson card was in the worst condition of all the ones I received.  Other than the top left corner, it is in pretty good shape.


This 1959 Topps card is a little off center, but not as bad as my scanner made it appear.


The second Boyer card of the package comes from 1960 Topps.  The yellow and red work well together in the name bar.  Makes me hungry for McDonalds.



More Ken Boyer cards, this time from 1961 including a sweet League Leaders card with 3 Hall of Famers.


I am a sucker for multiplayer cards.  The wood border does not hurt either.  1962 Topps was the original wood set before 1987 came along.


This 1963 League Leaders card has some great pitchers on it.  Koufax, Drysdale, and Gibson could lead any rotation.


The final card is a 1972 Topps high number short print.  If anyone is on TCDB, Ron's id is Ronsolo1.  



No comments:

Post a Comment