Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Team Trade

A majority of my trades on TCDB are with other team traders.  Occasionally, I work out a deal with a set collector, but those are few and far between.  Most of the trade bait I buy at shows is with team collectors in mind.  Last week, I worked out a trade with Indians/Guardians collector ChicoSportsCards with 9 cards headed in each direction.  My Cardinals lot arrived earlier this week.


I was disappointed to see  Arenado is not attending the Cardinals Winter Warm Up next month.  Hopefully, he will be added to the list of autograph signers.  


I finally finished my 2017 Bowman's Best team set by adding Alex Reyes along with a Bowman Platinum insert.  Maybe he can be healthy in 2024 and contribute to some team's bullpen.  


The only connection DeJong has to McGwire is he once hit a ball into Big Mac Land at Busch Stadium that knocked out the lights in one of the letters.  They get grouped together here because I did not want to make a separate scan.


Other than all being inserts, the only connection for these 3 cards is they are all pitchers.  It is well known 2 of my favorite parallel sets to track down are the Holiday Metallic and Topps Gold.  Chrome Sepia refractors are not bad, just not at the top of my list.  
  

  
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment