Friday, May 24, 2024

Indy Card Show

This past Saturday, my son and I spent the day in Indianapolis.  We had 3 stops to make: a card show, a car dealership, and an Indians baseball game.  We had success at all 3 locations.  The card show had a great variety of cards that I will show in a bit.  I purchased a used Chevy Colorado at the car dealership that I have been eyeing for a few weeks.  Lastly, we attended autograph night at the Indians game and obtained over 30 signatures of Pirate prospects for my trading friend Ron B.  

The card show was held at an American Legion.  We attended this show before COVID-19 hit, but not since.  This show had 60 tables featuring a nice mix of vintage and current cards.  We spent $46 over the 2 hours we were there.


Our first purchase included these 4 vintage cards for $25.  I was thrilled with these 4 cards.   The 1963 Topps Batting Leaders card features 3 Hall of Famers, including Stan Musial.  The 1972 Rick  Wise is a high number short print.  The 2 1969 Topps Bob Gibson cards completed my team set.  All of them are in great condition.  Not mint, but not beaters either.    

Our next stop was a table with 1 monster box of dime cards.  We pulled $2 worth.


Not very many Cardinals to be found.  This is my first look at 2023 Cosmic Chrome.  



Some cheap trade bait including more Cosmic Chrome and 2023 Topps Flagship.

Our third stop was another vintage table where the dealer was using a 2017 Beckett price guide.  Very friendly gentleman, but I had my doubts about the price he would quote for these 2 Cardinals.


Beckett value for this 1964 Maxvill and 1965 Gagliano high number was $21.  I paid $8, which I thought was a good buy considering both are close to mint.


The dealer around the corner also had a couple of vintage boxes.  This 1971 high number was marked at $7, but I got it for $5.  My scanner cut off the left and bottom sides.  It does have a fuzzy corner, but overall in good shape.

Our last stop was a table with multiple quarter and fifty-cent boxes.  We only had enough time to go through the quarter boxes.  We spent $6 with this dealer.



I really wish the boxes were sorted by sport.  We would have spent more money with the dealer.  We did find some nice Cardinals.


We were 1 for 2 on Altuve cards, as the Prizm card was a duplicate.


Also pulled a few cards for trade bait including 2 2024 Big League short prints.  Overall the show was great.  On June 8 the same promoters will be putting on the Midwest Monster in Indy with over 400 tables.  Not sure if we can make it, but sure going to try.








    

1 comment:

  1. Dime and quarter boxes are always fun. And looks like you added some nice vintage to your collection. I always enjoy picking up old league leader cards with hall of famers.

    ReplyDelete