Friday, May 3, 2024

Never Seen These Before

One of my favorite features of TCDB is the ability to search a member's trade list by team.  I always check my trade matches daily, then click the trade matching link to see if a deal can be worked out.  If the other member does not have any cards for me, I still check their trade list because there are a ton of Cardinals I do not have on my want list.  Plus there are plenty of cards I do not know even exist.  A recent trade with member EdTheStatMan gained me some new discoveries.  


These 2005 Topps First Year Draft cards were included in factory sets.  The 10 card set features these 3 Cardinals.  


TCMA put out a Cardinals All Time team set in 1983 featuring 12 players.  The Gibson card looks familiar, but I have never seen any of the other 11 cards.  


The Steve Carlton card is another one I have never seen before.  The 1996 All Star game was played in Philadelphi.  There are 5 cards in the set, one each produced by Topps, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck, and Pinnalce.  The other 4 cards show Lefty in a Phillies uniform.  I am not sure how these were given out, but it is a cool set regardless.  The Tudor card is a 1988 Drake card.  I have other Drake cards, but not from this set.  The one card from this trade that I have heard of was the 1989 Star Becker.  Star put out some boring minor league sets, but they are still Cadinals so I will take them when I find them.    


       

1 comment:

  1. Love oddball stuff like this. I'll have to track down a copy of that Lefty for my binder

    ReplyDelete