Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Large Package from Ron B

I will not have a 2 for Tuesday post today because I only have 1 TCDB trade to show off right now. Things have been a little slow on the trading front for me.  Lack of time and new trading material are the 2 main factors.  That should change with the end of my son's baseball season this week, and a trip to a card show this Saturday.

I do have a lot of cards to show off, though, thanks to a great package I received this weekend from trading friend Ron B.  He has been accumulating a stack of cards for a couple of months that included a great mix for my son and me.


Starting things off with 2 inserts from 2024 Topps.  Arenado hit his 3rd home run of the season last night.  Maybe he can get on a hot streak and tempt me to redeem this code.


Goldschmidt finally broke an 0 for 30 something drought over the weekend.  It's hard to believe the 2022 NL MVP has fallen off so quickly.  Maybe he can get things turned around with the warmer weather.


More Arenado and Goldschmidt from 2024 along with a Winn RC.  The Arenado is a short print.


Carlson is also hitless in over 30 at bats dating back to last season.  Sooner or later the hits have to come.  Edman is still on the DL after wrist surgery last fall.  I have not heard of a return date for him, but it sounds like it will still be a while.


Some recent Topps parallels and inserts.  This is my first All Aces insert.  Love the design.


2 yellow parallels from 2020 Topps Update.  Remember not so long ago when the Cardinals first basemen were studs?


The shiny portion of the trade included 2 inserts and 2 older refractors.  Walker is currently in Triple-A, trying to revamp his swing again.  At some point, the team needs to leave him alone and see what happens.  Just let the kid relax and play.


4 inserts, all numbered to less than 100.  The Liberatore numbered 1/75 is my favorite.



Plenty of colored Panini products were included.  The Holo Red cards go well with the Cardinals' uniform.

My son also received 6 new Altuve cards, but he already has them put away in his binders.  Hard to keep a teenager away from his cards.       

  

  




  
    


  

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to see perennial all-stars like Goldy drop off... expecially when they've had such a solid career and they're so likable. At least he's starting to heat up (since he broke out of the slump).

    ReplyDelete