Tuesday, May 7, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #78

Today's 2 for Tuesday will be a little different than previous posts.  I have 1 good trade to show off, and 1 not so good.  First the good trade with member rencherg.


The 3 pack of Cardinals included 2 prospects and a nice addition to my gold parallel chase from 2001 Ultra.  I have a chance to meet Ankiel in early August at a charity game.  Fingers crossed I get to meet him for the first time.  

The second trade came from member Toomy.  I should have known better than to agree to a trade with a member who only had 12 positive feedback.  The trade value was $10-15 in value, so I would not be out of much if something did go wrong.  2 months after he received his cards, I still had nothing and zero communication from him.  The same day I mark the trade as a problem, he finally send me a message saying things happened and he would be mailing out my end with some extras.  A little over a month later, my cards arrived a couple of days ago.


The original deal was for these 2023 Bowman Draft cards.  I received 2 copies of each except the Mejia.  I plan to get them signed when the players come through Peoria.


These are the extra cards he included. I needed the Molina but not the other 2. I changed his feedback from negative to neutral. He did complete our agreed-upon trade, just very late and with little communication.  I realize life does get in the way of this hobby sometimes, but it only takes a few minutes to drop a message and explain what is going on.    


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment