Friday, November 2, 2018

PWE to Brighten the Day

I believe fall has finally hit in my area.  Wednesday and Thursday were both rainy and windy days.  You step outside and it just feels damp and cold.  I don't mind the cold, but it seems like it hit all at once this year.  With daylight savings time coming this weekend, it will be even worse.  I will drive to work in the dark, and drive home in the dark. On the positive side, less time spent outside means more time playing with cards.  First order of business will be digging in my Cardinals dupes box to repay Trading Bases/TCDB member Mark Z for a nice four pack of Cardinals I received yesterday.

I sound like a broken record, but I really hope to finish some of the 2018 team sets before the new year.  I still need 14 Archives Cardinals and 6 Fire cards. 

The other 2 cards were a 1985 Topps Rubdown and a 2006 Bowman Draft Gold card.  The Rubdown set can be hard to find in decent condition.  A lot of the backs peel off very easy.  If I ever get a duplicate Cardinal, I plan on taking a quarter and rubbing it off on one of my monster boxes.  I wonder how well it will stick after 30+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment