Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2018 Still Shines

Progress toward my 2018 team sets has slowed down quite a bit the last 2 weeks, but that does not mean I am not getting cards in.  TCDB member TheMacman513 sent me a sweet trade package full of shiny 2018 Cardinals.


These are my first 2018 Topps Chrome Xfractors.  Love the checkerboard look to them.  If they stay healthy, these 3 should all play big parts in the 2019 Cardinals season.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Reyes can pitch a full year.  Does not matter if it is in the bullpen or starting, Reyes will be a big lift.

Panini also produces many shiny cards, most of the Optic variety.  I have several pinks now, but the Flaherty is my first Bronze.  I hope Jack builds on a pretty good 2018 and maybe make an All Star team.  Lowering the amount of home runs he gives up should help.

These 3 are not the shiny variety, Sierra is not even from 2018.  But all are welcome additions.  It will be interesting to see what Bader does for a full year.  His defense is outstanding, but he seems to be pretty streaking with the bat.  I would be content with a .260 average, 15-20 home runs, and 15-20 stolen bases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment