Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Holiday Trade

Today is my first full day of work since Dec. 21.  I worked a couple of half days last week, but today will be a full 8 hours.  It is nice to get away from eating all the leftover snacks that are sitting in the kitchen.  On the down side, I have a healthy stack of cards that need to be filed away.  I lost track of how many trades arrived over my break, but it was around 10.  TCDB member captawesome81 helped me clear out some Cardinals doubles and sent a nice stack in return.

There was a nice mix of inserts that included a couple of gold cards, a  mini, and a Awesome Mark McGwire.  The Topps Gold is my favorite as it shows Piscotty in the dugout after a home run.

This 2006 Topps card is from the Cardinals team set.  I never have bought any of these, although it can be tempting when I find them for $3 or less.

Seems like I have been on a Honus Bonus binge of late.  3 different December trades hit that set. 

I was not able to complete the 2018 Topps Fire set before the end of the year.  Maybe by the end of January.

I did not try to complete the Fire Blue Chips team set, but am over half way done now so I might as well give that one a try also.  These look great in hand.

Always love the prism refractors from Topps Chrome.  The regular ones seem to have lost their luster, but are still nice.   Best of luck in Arizona Mr. Weaver.

My favorite card of the package was the Flaherty Future Stars insert.  You will see a different version of this card in a couple of weeks. 
   

2 comments:

  1. I dig that McGwire Awesome Powers card. And Fire is a fitting set for Jordan Hicks. That kid throws heat. I'm definitely planning to add one of his cards to my collection this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac has a 1970s vibe to it. I have a few Hicks base cards, but his autos are a bit pricy right now for my taste. I am betting Topps will flood their 2019 products with them so I hope to grab one later this year.

      Delete