Monday, January 14, 2019

I Survived the Weekend

Well the big snow storm did not hit my area too bad on Friday night.  I received about 3 inches of snow.  Other places within an hour's drive totaled 6 or more inches, so I was lucky.  It was enough for the kids to go out and play for a few hours Saturday afternoon.  By Sunday, it started to melt and turned into a soggy mess.  I spent most of my time organizing my Cardinals boxes and filing away trades that had stacked up since Christmas.  Some of these cards came from a trade package from TCDB member seaver78 that my mailman bravely delivered on Saturday.



Two of the popular faces of Cardinals cards in 2001 were Ankiel and McGwire.  Ankiel was fresh off his 2000 postseason disaster while Mac was entering his last season.  The HD card reminds me off current Stadium Club cards.  I have never seen the Stadium Club Diamond Pearls card before.  Not a bad looking card, but I would have liked a green background like an actual baseball diamond.


These are just 8 of the 36 cards I received from the 1988 Louisville Redbirds Team Issue set.  There are 54 cards in the set, so I have quite a bit of work to do on this one.  It has a nice mix of coaches, minor leaguers, and major league players who made rehab appearances.  Even the bat boys get a card.
I am not sure how many sets were produceds.  I have seen numbers in the 3000s.  I like the detail added about when the players made a rehab stay.  The complete stats are also nice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment