Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Killer SPs

In quite a few of my December posts, I mentioned how I was trying to complete some 2018 team sets.  I did make a dent in quite a few and finished a couple, but I still have a lot of work to do.  I counted 14 2018 base card sets I have a want list for right now.  Some should be easy to complete, but others like Topps Heritage and Topps Archives have some sps that will not be as easy to find.  Before the end of December I did receive a package from The Bench member benlee66 contained numerous sps from other years that completed team sets.


The Ozzie completed my 1994 Finest team set.  I love the look of the 1997 Jordan, but still need 4 more to complete that set.

I still have a 4 more card for each of these 1999 sets.  The Encore cards are not numbered like the Mystique sps, but they are just as tough to find.

All 3 of these cards finish 2000 sets.  UD Ionix, Stadium Club, and Black Diamond are now off the want list. 

I will never finish some 2001 sets due to the Pujols rookie cards, but I will still try.  After winning 2 straight Pacific Coast League titles as a manager, Clapp will be moving to St. Louis this year to coach first base. 

Moving on to 2002, the Taguchi finished my Diamond Kings set while the Layfield brought my Fleer Tradition Update set down to 1 card.  The Ozzie also brought my Topps Archives set down to 1 more needed to finish.

My 2002 Topps 206 set may never get done.   There are 29 Cardinals in the set.  Counting the Pujols, I still need 11. 


I think every Donruss set in 2004 had shortprint cards numbered to something less than 2000 or whatever number they came up with.  The Gibson Donruss Classics numbered to 1999 left me with just Lou Brock to complete that set.  The Ozzie Elite has a nice rainbow effect going on.  I have 3 more card numbered to 1000 to finish that one along with a Pujols card.

2 set killers in this scan in the 2005 Donruss Gall and the 2007 Allen & Ginter Edmonds.  2012 Topps Gold Sparkle is a great looking set.  I only need 5 more to complete the 30 card team set.  Thank goodness the squirrel card did not have a gold sparkle version. 



No comments:

Post a Comment